Marine First Aid with CPR-C + AED
Duration: 2 days (14-16hrs) for full certification course
Prerequisites: Transport Canada issued Canidadate Document Number (CDN)
Recertification: Not permitted under federal regulations
Recommended for: Any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate, endorsement, or a Master or Chief Mate limited certification, and for those providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near-coastal voyage, class 2, or on a vessel on sheltered waters.
Show course information
Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada as outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008.
Meets or exceeds federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations (including WSIB and OH&S) for Standard First Aid and CPR.
Register for Marine Basic First Aid with CPR - C on the available dates below.
Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
• Assessment of needs of ill or injured persons and threats to own safety
• Appreciation of body structure and functions
• Positioning of person
• The unconscious person
• Resuscitation techniques (including CPR C)
• Control bleeding
• Management of shock
• Burns, scalds, and injuries caused by electricity
• Rescue and transport of person
• Other topics including improvising bandages, rescue in enclosed spaces, infectious diseases, and personal health and hygiene
Take home material:
Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
Transport Canada Trainnig Certificate