Recommended for: Physicians, nurses, paramedics and allied healthcare providers , dentists and dental hygienists, students.
Under the WSIB - First Aid Requirements (regulation 1101), this level of certification is required for worplaces with 6-250 employees.
Visit the WSIB webpage
pretaining to First Aid, for more information.
First Aid Requirements (Regulation 1101)
Meets or exceeds federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations (including WSIB and OH&S) for Standard First Aid and CPR.
Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
What you will learn:
• The Red Cross
• Preparing to Respond
• The Emergency Medical Services System
• Check, Call, Care
• Airway Emergencies
• Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
• First aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
• Wound Care
• Head and Spine Injuries
• Bone, Muscle and Joint Injuries
• Sudden Medical Emergencies
• Environmental Emergencies
Additional Skills for Healthcare Providers:
• Jaw thrust
• Pulse check
• BVM — adult, child, and baby
• Rescue breathing—adult, child, and baby
• Two-rescuer CPR—adult, child, baby
• Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification (where local legislation permits)
Take home material:
Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual (full course only).