Standard First Aid with CPR-HCP + AED
Duration: 2 days (14-16hrs) for full certification course
Duration: 1 day (7-8hrs) for recertification course
Recertification Prerequisites: Current
Red Cross full certification (SFA CPR-HCP), valid within 3 years
Recommended for: Physicians, nurses, paramedics and allied healthcare providers , dentists and dental hygienists, students.
Show course information
Under the WSIB - First Aid Requirements (regulation 1101), this level of certification is required for worplaces with 6-250 employees.
Register for Blended Standard First Aid with CPR - HCP on the available dates below.
Register for Standard First Aid with CPR - HCP on the available dates below.
Register for Standard First Aid with CPR - HCP (Recertification) on the available dates below.
Visit the WSIB webpage
pretaining to First Aid, for more information.
First Aid Requirements (Regulation 1101)
Meets or exceeds federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations (including WSIB and OH&S) for Standard First Aid and CPR.
Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
What you will learn:
• The Red Cross
• Preparing to Respond
• The Emergency Medical Services System
• Check, Call, Care
• Airway Emergencies
• Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
• First aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
• Wound Care
• Head and Spine Injuries
• Bone, Muscle and Joint Injuries
• Sudden Medical Emergencies
• Environmental Emergencies
Additional Skills for Healthcare Providers:
• Jaw thrust
• Pulse check
• BVM — adult, child, and baby
• Rescue breathing—adult, child, and baby
• Two-rescuer CPR—adult, child, baby
• Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification (where local legislation permits)
Take home material:
Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual (full course only).